- 2016 13U (AEBC) NTIS Schedule
- 2016 16U/17U NTIS Schedule
- 2016 11U NTIS Schedule
- 2016 14U NTIS Schedule
- 2016 13U NTIS (AEBC) Fan Guide
- 2016 16U/17U NTIS Fan Guide
- 2016 11U/14U NTIS Fan Guide
- 2016 Bat Guidelines »
- Regional Director Contact Information »
The 2016 USA Baseball National Team Identification Series (NTIS) is the most comprehensive player identification program offered by Team USA. With tryouts in every region of the country, players now have greater access to USA Baseball National Team opportunities than ever before. The program includes five separate men's age groups -- 11U, 13U, 14U, 16U and 17U, and will be held at the USA Baseball National Training Complex and the adjoining Thomas Brooks Park.
Dates for the 2016 National Team Identification Series in Cary, N.C. will be as follows:
13U (AEBC): August 10-14, 2016 - USA Baseball National Training Complex, Cary, N.C.
16U & 17U: August 18-21, 2016 - USA Baseball National Training Complex, Cary, N.C.
11U & 14U: August 25-28, 2016 - USA Baseball National Training Complex and Thomas Brooks Park, Cary N.C.
Find Your Region
For information and registration opportunities within your region, please click on your state below:
All five age groups (17U, 16U, 14U, 13U and 11U) within the 2016 event will be divided based on 2017 National Team and National Team Development Program (18U NT, 17U NTDP, 15U NT, 14U NTDP, 12U NT) aspirations. As per international guidelines, players competing in the NTIS in the five age groups must conform to the following:
• 2016 17U NTIS: born on or after Jan. 1, 1999, for the 2017 18U National Team
• 2016 16U NTIS: born on or after Jan. 1, 2000, for the 2017 17U NTDP
• 2016 14U NTIS: born on or after Jan. 1, 2002, for the 2017 15U National Team
• 2016 13U NTIS: born on or after Jan. 1, 2003, for the 2017 14U NTDP
• 2016 11U NTIS: born on or after Jan. 1, 2005, for the 2017 12U National Team
From the five age groups, USA Baseball will name a minimum of six players to the 2017 Tournament of Stars, and a minimum of four players to the 18U National Team Trials; a minimum of 12 players to the 2017 17U National Team Development Program (17U NTDP); a minimum of 12 players to the 2017 15U National Team Trials; a minimum of 12 players to the 2017 14U National Team Development Program (14U NTDP); and a minimum of 12 players to the 2017 12U National Team Trials.
The NTIS will present all participating athletes with great national exposure as well as an opportunity to develop their skills through an unparalleled baseball experience.
All of the teams within each age group will be organized on a "regionalized team" put together by our various NTIS Regional Directors. These various regional directors will be responsible for identifying and selecting 18-player teams which will participate in the event.
American Elite Baseball Championship- (Formerly 13U NTIS)
In partnership with Major League Baseball, we are happy to announce that this year's 13U NTIS will again be known as the American Elite Baseball Championship. While regional identification events for this year's teams will remain the same, teams from fifteen USA Baseball regions across the country, as well as one RBI Program team, will compete against each other in a championship-style, single-elimination tournament. Competition will take place Wednesday, August 10 through Sunday, August 14, 2016, with check-in on Tuesday night. All teams are guaranteed four, seven-inning games with some games being streamed on MLB.com.
• 17U, 16U, 14U, 13U and 11U teams will compete in a combination of games and on-field skills testing
• One on one interaction with USA Baseball Task Force members.
• Individual skills testing.
• Competition against top players from across the country
• Opportunity to make Team USA programming
• To-be-announced guest speakers.
• Participants will receive a USA Baseball National Team Trials style uniform.
• College and university coaches and professional scouts will be in attendance.
• Event held at the USA Baseball National Training Complex -- the home of Team USA.
NTIS Rules and Regulations:
Field dimensions for the USA Baseball NTIS are as follows:
17U: 60-foot mound, 90-foot bases
16U: 60-foot mound, 90-foot bases
14U: 60-foot mound, 90-foot bases*
13U: 60-foot mound, 90-foot bases*
11U: 51-foot mound, 75-foot bases*
*14U, 13U and 11U field dimensions may vary at regional tryouts
Bat regulations for the NTIS and all regional tryouts can be found here.
Player testing or Symposium
Friday - Saturday
Individual skills testing/evaluation/games
Games until 4 p.m.
*Schedule is tentative and is subject to change
How to get involved:
For general information on the NTIS, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the player's birthdate and current state of residence.